Here's the recipe for you. Let me know what you think!
Fried Tofu with Sesame Dipping Sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (I used the tamari)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon dark or toasted sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 package (14 oz) extra firm tofu, drained and mosture removed
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup pank bread crumbs
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For sauce: Combine first six (6) ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu crosswise into 4 slices, then each slice diagonally into triangles.
- Place each flour, eggs and panko in seperate bowls
- Dip each piece of tofu in flour to lightly coat all sides, then dip into egg, then into panko. Repeat for all tofu pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add half of tofu in a single layer. Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golder brown. Repeat with remaining tofu, adding more oil as needed. Serve with dipping sauce.