Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Driving Force



I can't say what happened, but I've finally been able to get myself into a regular routine of exercising and ya know what? It's awesome. I've not yet ventured very far into fitness, but I've been off my bum almost every day for the last four weeks and that's more than I can say for the last year or two, or three.... yeah, its sad. I've set a goal that is relatively attainable (although I'm not on course as much as I would like to be to meet that goal... 15 lbs in 8 weeks) and I'm eating well and sweating as much as possible. I've shed just about 7 lbs in 4 weeks and hoping to drop at least one more by the end of this week (week 5). I feel better, my clothes fit better and I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

My fitness routine includes some aerobic and yoga work on WiiFit Plus, some aerobic and strength with a Biggest Loser workout DVD, and recently discovered Nike Training Club iPhone app. I've addressed using your phone to get healthy before and I can't say enough good things about the NTC app (I'll talk more about this in a future post).

I've also been rocking my vegetarian/pescetarian diet. No meat for me for almost 6 months (except of course those few travel days, but none since). The best part about a diet that includes mostly fresh and non-processed items is that you can eat a ton and not ingest too many calories. I've been strictly tracking my caloric intact these last few weeks (still using the LoseIt! app) and it's pretty dang awesome that I can be super full on 2 medium sized zucchinis that have been sliced and grilled and only at 100 or so calories. Since I love eating, this works great for me. Unfortunately, I haven't been cooking as much so there hasn't been a lot of experimenting going on in the kitchen. Hoping to get back into it in a couple weeks and keep working on overall improvement in health.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...