Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lazy Pescetarian Dinner: Quick Tuna Noodle 'Casserole'

Today was a long day.  I was up early and spent about an hour on the computer taking care of some random things like bills, emails, social networking, work emails, and a couple other things.  Then I went on with my regular routine of shower, dress, go.  Before the go part, I had to fold a load of laundry and start another.   I whipped up my morning cup of coffee and out the door I went.  I was glad that took the extra couple minutes at home to get my work emails sorted because as soon as I got to the office I was busy and it didn't let up at all during the day.  Lunch time came and I spent a few minutes at my desk scarfing down some left-over fried rice from earlier in the week, a yogurt, some almond snacks and half a bottle of iced tea, which was also left over from earlier in the week.

I finally left the office after putting in 10 1/2 hours and spent the next 45 minutes driving home.  Fortunately, Dan and I had discussed dinner, or lack thereof, earlier in the day.  See, Dan works a very early shift, so he would prefer to eat dinner earlier as opposed to right before he goes to bed.  Therefore, once I knew that my day was going downhill fast, I let my wonderful husband know that I probably wouldn't be making it home in time to get any kind of dinner on the table.  This way he could fend for himself and eat before it was too late in the evening for him.

I planned on a simple PB&J or a grilled cheese sandwich for myself for dinner.  Then, as I reached into the pantry to get out the peanut butter, I saw that we had a box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (we had the Three Cheese flavor, but I usually prefer just the good ole Spirals).  Next to that happened to be a can of Starkist Solid White Albacore Tuna (in water) and I knew we had some peas in the freezer.  There it was quick and easy tuna noodle casserole.  I made the mac & cheese as per the package instructions, tossed in a handful of peas (about 1/2 a cup) when the mac & cheese was done.  Then I drained the tuna and tossed it in.  Season with a little salt and pepper and VIOLA! Dinner.  Not really a casserole, but you get the picture.  Probably could use this same recipe and spice it up a bit by putting it into a casserole or other baking dish, top with some bread crumbs and bake for a few. 

Finished my tough day with a quick and easy, yummy dinner, a little blogging, a movie and some nice relaxation.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...