Oh my goodness... I never thought this meal would turn out so tasty.
I started with Zucchini Fritters recipe from Simply Recipes. I made the recipe almost completely as listed. Used a little more zucchini than suggested (1.38 lbs - two medium and one small), so I used two eggs and I added approximately a 1/2 cup of julienned carrots too (because they were in the refrigerator and I decided this needed a little color). We left out the side of sour cream or yogurt. These fritters were excellent.
Also whipped up a batch of stuffed mushrooms, or stuffing stuffed mushrooms to be exact. I don't remember when I came across the idea, but I saw it somewhere to make stuffed mushrooms with Stove Top stuffing. So that is exactly what I did. I used regular button mushrooms (16 oz package), Savory Herb flavored Stove Top and a little shredded mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare Stove Top as per package
- Clean and remove stems of mushrooms (just snap off the stems, no need to cut; clean tops with a damp towel)
- Toss mushrooms in olive oil
- Stuff each mushroom top with finished stuffing
- Top each with a bit of cheese (I used mozzarella, but Parmesan would be good too).
- Bake mushrooms for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned
I started working on next week's menu and picked up a new cookbook. More info to follow.